Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pressing hair or Relaxer?

I got curly, thinning hair and would like to wear my hair straight.Which one do you think I should do just press my hair out when I go to salon or should I get a hair realaxer.Pressing hair or Relaxer?
_WHATEVER U DECIDE, BE CAREFUL. ADDITIONAL STRESS ON THE HAIR WILL SPEED UP THE CURRENT PROCESS. GET A MILD RELAXER. MY SISTER IS A LICENSED COSMETOLOGIST/BEAUTICIAN.Pressing hair or Relaxer?
Neither. Pressing is very damaging to the hair and don't let me get on relaxers. Especially if your hair is thinning, you don't need to put any more stress on the hair.





My hair is natural but I am currently wearing wigs. I love them and people can't even tell that they are wigs. They think that they are sew-ins. So I personally, would recommend, whole of half wigs.
the chemicals that are in a relaxer are MUCH more damaging on your hair then what the heat of a iron will be
They both can be damaging to your hair, but relaxers last longer and you don't have to worry about pressing it again if it gets wet. As long as you take care of it, a relaxer won't be too bad. Aso try a hair piece or a weave. Those are good for some variety.
If your hair is thinning, then you need to go to a professional before you do anything. Go to a dermatologist that knows about hair and skin of your ethnicity. I am assuming that you aren't Caucasian. And even though hair is hair and skin is skin, trust me when I tell you that non-Caucasian hair and skin is NOT given as much study as non-Caucasian hair and skin. There are conditions in ethnic hair and skin that are not common in Caucasian skin and you want to make sure that your doctor has experience dealing with your problem.





If you decide to go to a hairdresser, make sure you go to one that specializes in healthy hair instead of one that does ';fly girl'; styles; ie: glue on weaves, unnatural hair colors, heavy spritzing, etc. Get several opinions before you do anything to lessen the chance of your hair being ruined.





Good luck.
i will prefer relaxer.
Relaxers last longer so I would go for the relaxer. Also I know you don't want to hear this but you english is incorrect. You HAVE curly hair you don't GOT curly hair. Sorry.
A relaxer is better

No comments:

Post a Comment